Cyber Security: Cyber Safety Tips
Cyber Security: Cyber safety tips
The ever-changing technology has put us on the verge of cyber attacks – hence It may be tough to live in the digital era. Even if you attempt to avoid social media and the continual flood of news, adverts, and information that it brings, there is one component of our digital reliance that might haunt you. In our daily lives, we rely significantly on networks and gadgets for everything from paying bills to getting healthcare information. Without a question, data is the most valuable resource on the planet today. It is at the centre of practically every commercial process and decision. And data is rapidly expanding, doubling in size every two years. Effective cyber security is becoming increasingly vital in order to secure organizations, individuals, and communities from any cyber threats.
What is Cyber Security
Cybersecurity refers to the protection of data, networks, programmes, and other information against unauthorized or unsupervised access, destruction, or alteration. The phrase “cyber” refers to a term for an internet-connected computer or any other device that has a CPU, input/output, and networking connections.
The Importance of Cyber Security
As a result of the extensive use of technology, several incidences of security breaches, fraud, malicious assaults, and so on have been documented, raising the relevance of cybersecurity. Cyber security is vital because it includes everything related to protecting our data from cyber attackers who wish to steal it and use it to inflict harm. It is critical and in everyone’s interest to have effective cyber defence plans and systems in place to secure this data. Critical infrastructure, such as hospitals and other healthcare facilities, financial services programmes, and power plants, is used by everyone in society. We are all concerned about the security of our data and personal information.
If these systems, networks, and infrastructures are not adequately protected, our data may get into the wrong hands. Much of this material contains sensitive information.
Cyber safety tips
Here are our top cyber safety tips to protect oneself against cyberattacks:
- Update your software and operating system: This means you benefit from the latest security patches.
- Use anti-virus software: Security solutions like Kaspersky Total Security will detect and remove threats. Keep your software updated for the best level of protection.
- Use strong passwords: Ensure your passwords are not easily guessable.
- Do not open email attachments from unknown senders: These could be infected with malware.
- Do not click on links in emails from unknown senders or unfamiliar websites: This is a common way that malware is spread.
- Avoid using unsecured WiFi networks in public places: Unsecure networks leave you vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Avoid using unsecured websites, a website must have that “lock” icon as proof that the particular website has a valid SSL certificate.
AdNotes is licensed by ICASA to operate and provide Internet services. We are members of the Internet Service Provider Association (ISPA) and the Wireless Access Providers Association (WAPA) and uphold the ISPA Code of Conduct.